Instructions for Windows XP
- There is WiFi coverage in most areas of the university including computer center, library and cafeteria.
- On Windows Desktop right click on the icon My Network Places, choose Properties, then right click on Wireless Network Connection and choose Properties.
- In the window that opens double click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), choose Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically, then press OK.
- In the same window choose Wireless Networks and click Add (if in the field Preferred networks there is already an AUEB-Wireless Network, then simply double click on it instead on clicking Add).
- In Network name (SSID) field enter AUEB-Wireless, in Network Authentication choose WPA2, and in Data Encryption choose AES.
- In the same window choose the Authentication option, whereas in EAP type choose Protected EAP (PEAP), and then uncheck Authenticate as.
- Click on button Properties of EAP type, and uncheck Validate server certificate.
- Make sure that in Select Authentication Method the option Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) is clicked, and click on Configurebutton.
- Uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name and password. Click OK in all open configuration windows.
- After a few seconds, down and right on your screen you will see the message "Click here to select a certificate..."
- Clicking on it, a new window appears; enter the following:
User name: aueb
Logon domain remains empty
- Click OK
- Your computer is connected to AUEB-Wireless, but still there is no connection to the Internet.
- In order to gain access to any service you should start a Web browser (like Internet Explorer or Firefox).
- In Security Alert that appears click Yes. Now you should see the Authentication form.
- In that form give the username and password that you use to access the AUEB servers (such as email, dial-up or ftp server, of the AUEB)
- Finally press Login.