I am or was involved in the following research projects:
- BioASQ: "A challenge on large-scale biomedical semantic indexing and question answering". European FP7 ICT project (2012-14). Principal Investigator of AUEB.
- INDIGO: "Interaction with personality and dialogue enabled robots". European FP6 IST project (2007-10). Principal Investigator of AUEB. Watch a video of an INDIGO robot in action.
- CROSSMARC: Comparison shopping based on information extracted from Web pages written in several languages. European FP5 IST project (2001-03, at NCSR "Demokritos").
- M-PIRO: Multilingual generation of personalized exhibit descriptions in virtual museums. European FP5 IST project (2000-03, at NCSR "Demokritos"). See what the TRN magazine wrote about this project.
- ECRAN: Information extraction. European LE project (1995-99, at NCSR "Demokritos").
- "Natural language interaction with Semantic Web ontologies". National Heracleitus-II project (2010-13). Project Coordinator.
- "Combined research in the areas of information retrieval, natural language processing, and user modeling aiming at the development of advanced search engines for document collections". National PENED project (2006-08).
- Xenios: Human-robot interaction using speech processing, natural language generation, and computer vision. National "Information Society" project (2006-07). Principal Investigator of AUEB. Watch a video showing how the project's natural language generation technology was also demonstrated in a virtual museum.
- Hygeiorobot: A prototype mobile robot for hospitals, with spoken dialogue capabilities. National PENED project (2000-01, at NCSR "Demokritos").
- Mitos: Text filtering, information extraction, and data-mining from Greek financial news articles. National EPET project (1999-2001, at NCSR "Demokritos").
- Schematopoiesis: Controlled language applications in Greek. National EPET project (1999-2001, at NCSR "Demokritos").
- "BioQA - Biomedical Question Answering". AUEB Research Support Program (2014-15). Project Coordinator.
- "A linear programming approach to multi-document text summarization and natural language generation from ontologies". AUEB Basic Research Funding Program (2011-12). Project Coordinator.
- Filterix: Filtering web pages with obscene content. Internal project of NCSR "Demokritos".
Last update: October 21, 2017.