- Energy policy
- Elementary and intermediate mathematics of Finance
- Operations Research
- Game Theory
- Decision Theory
- Dynamic Optimization
Publications (Some are available in this site)
- Values and Strategies for Infinite Time Linear Quadratic Games, IEEE Transactions on Aut. Control, 1976. (in pdf)
- On the Comparison of Optimal Control Systems, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, December 1976 (in pdf)
- Iterative Techniques for Riccati Game Equations, Journal of Optimization Theory and its Applications, May 1977. ( in pdf )
- Decentralized Stabilization via Game Theoretic Methods (with Y.C. Ho), Automatica, Vol. 3, 1977 ( in pdf ) Link to its Implementation in a MATLAB toolbox
- Stockpiling under Price Uncertainty and Storage Capacity Constraints, European Journal of Operational Research, Nov. 1982.
- On Certain Optimal Gas Storage Policies, OMEGA, Vol. 10, 1982.
- On the Optimal Allocation of Grants to Energy Conservation Investments, Resources and Energy, Vol. 6, 1984.
- Switching Away from Oil. A Game Theoretic Approach, Resources and Energy, Vol. 6, 1984.
- On the Optimal Level of a Small Country’s Strategic Petroleum Reserve, (with E. Samouilidis), European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 20 ,1985.
- The Efficient Drilling of Printed Circuit Boards, Interfaces, August 1986. See Relevant High School Case Study
- An Algorithm for the Multiprocessor Assignment Problem (with J. Milis), Operations Research Letters, Dec. 1989.
- An Improved Partial Solution to the Task Assignment and the Multiway Cut Problems, Operations Research Letters, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 3-10, 1992.
- Graph-Theoretic Approach to Default Logic (with I. Dimopoulos), Journal of Information and Computation, Vol. 112, No. 2, 1994.
- Problem Decomposition in Distributed Problem Solving Systems (with C. Papatheodorou and E. Kiountouzis), Applied Intelligence (Kluwer Academic Publications), Vol. 3, pp. 301-315, 1993.
- A Lagrangian Relaxation Algorithm for Sparse Quadratic Assignment problems (with J. Milis), Operations Research Letters, Vol. 17, pp. 69-76, 1995.
- On Kernels, Defaults and Even Graphs, (with J. Dimopoulos, C. Papadimitriou), Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence, 1998
- Enumerating the Kernels of a Directed Graph with No Odd Circuits (Erratum) (withG. Chaty, J. Szwarcfiter, with J. Dimopoulos, C. Papadimitriou), Information Processing Letters accepted for publication
- A Note on Groves’ “Incentives in Teams”, Annals of the Athens University of Economics and Business, 1988.
- Modal Split Analysis in Greek Shortsea Passenger / Car Transport (with H. Psaraftis, G. Nassos, G. Nellas, G. Panagakos, A. Papanicolaou), Proceedings of the Second European Research Roundtable Conference on Shortsea Shipping, Delft University Press, 1995
- Positioning Tramp Vessels (with L. Babilis), Proceedings, HERCMA, ÁèÞíá 1998
- Diversification in Shipping (with H. Psaraftis, A. Denissis), Proceedings, HERCMA, Athens 1998
- Entrepreneurship, the firm and interanationalization in the 19th century European periphery: The case of Andreas Syngros (with I. Pepelasi - Minoglou), Economic History Society conference April 1999
- Policy Iteration Methods for American Option Pricing, HERCMA 2003, ( presentation slides Presentation Slides Paper)
- Mathematics of Finance - with Applications in Lotus 123, Gutenberg Publications, Athens 1993 (in Greek)
- Decision Theory Notes (in Greek) ( Download in PDF )
- Game Theory Notes (in Greek) (Download in PDF )
- Various other teaching notes in Greek (see the Greek version of this page as well as the University Courseware Site)
Working Papers - Research Reports
- Quantitative Methods in Shipping, Center for Economic Research, Athens University of Economics and Business 1992, (with N. Christodoulakis and H. Psaraftis) (Download in PDF)
- Positioning and Diversification in Shipping, Center for Economic Research, Athens University of Economics and Business 1998, (with H. Psaraftis, L. Babilis, A. Denissis) (Download in PDF)
Born in Athens, 1948. Married to Katerina Zarbi. Two daughters (Kassandra and Anna)
- Member of the Governing Board, Public Power Corporation S.A. (since April 2004)
- Chairman of the Board, Faculty Union of the AUEB, 1994 - present
- Deputy Chairman, Department of Informatics, AUEB, Sept. 2003 - present
- Chairman of the Executive Commitee and Director of Studies, MSc Program in Business Mathematics, Jointly organized by the Department of Mathematics and the Department of Economics, University of Athens, and the Department of Informatics, AUEB
- Chairman, Hellenic Procurement Institute, 1994-97
- Vice Chairman, Energy Coordination Committee, Ministry of Industry and Energy (1993-95).
- National Energy Council, Deputy Director of Scientific Secretariat, 1977-85
- Board Member, Hellenic OR Society (1979-83).
- Member of Program and/or Organizing Committees of
- Second, Third and Seventh Hellenic OR Conference
- ÉÅÅÅ Decision and Control Conference,
- HERMIS ’92, ’94, HERCMA 2000,