The following is a list of some indicative research projects I am or was involved in:
- Studying toxicity classifers. Unrestricted research support project funded by Google (2022-23). Principal Investigator of AUEB.
- ConvAI - Context-aware abusive language detection in online conversations. Unrestricted research support project funded by Google (2018-19). Principal Investigator of AUEB.
- ML2P Filter - Machine learning to filter profanity. Google Digitial News Initiative (DNI) project (2016-18). Senior research advisor.
- BioASQ - A challenge on large-scale biomedical semantic indexing and question answering. European FP7 ICT project (2012-14). Principal Investigator of AUEB.
- INDIGO - Interaction with personality and dialogue enabled robots. European FP6 IST project (2007-10). Principal Investigator of AUEB. Watch a video of an INDIGO robot in action.
- M-PIRO - Multilingual generation of personalized exhibit descriptions in virtual museums. European FP5 IST project (2000-03, at NCSR "Demokritos"). See what the TRN magazine wrote about this project.
- "Creation of AUEB's repository in the CLARIN:EL infrastructure". Subcontract of R.C. "Athena" in the project "National Infrastructure for the Digital Humanities and Arts and Language Research and Innovation" (2021). Principal Investigator of AUEB.
- "Design, development and validation of the natural language processing modules and training of the models and algorithms". Subcontract in the national Research-Create-Innovate (2nd cycle) project "IntelPact - Novel approach to the management and monitoring of contractual obligations" of the company Cognitiv+ (2020-22). Principal Investigator of AUEB.
- "Natural language interaction with Semantic Web ontologies". National Heracleitus-II project (2010-13). Project Coordinator.
- "Combined research in the areas of information retrieval, natural language processing, and user modeling aiming at the development of advanced search engines for document collections". National PENED project (2006-08).
- Xenios - User-robot interaction based on the perception of visual information, speech processing and natural language generation for use in robotic tour guide systems. National "Information Society" project (2006-07). Principal Investigator of AUEB. Watch a video showing how the project's natural language generation technology was also demonstrated in a virtual museum.
- "BioQA - Biomedical Question Answering". AUEB Research Support Program (2014-15). Project Coordinator.
- "A linear programming approach to multi-document text summarization and natural language generation from ontologies". AUEB Basic Research Funding Program (2011-12). Project Coordinator.
Last update: July 11, 2022.